The NZCER Marking site can upload student data extracted from some student management systems (SMS).
This functionality is currently available for schools using KAMAR, eTAP, MUSAC, Assembly and SchoolMaster. If your SMS software is not listed here and you wish to use this additional functionality, please contact your SMS provider to inquire about their development of this function, it may be available but not yet known to us.
Please note: the file generated in the SMS will only contain students that have a complete NSN record. It is therefore essential to ensure that your SMS records have been through the Get Check NSN process from Enrol, prior to using this functionality.
Brief notes on importing the files from your SMS are as follows:
The NZCER file can be created by anyone able to log into eTAP and view the ‘Admin tools’ menu option. The following link gives clear visual instructions on how to create a file from eTAP that can be used in the NZCER Marking Service.
MUSAC – Edge
MUSAC – Classic
- Log on to Classroom Manager – Administrator version
- Click on ‘Other Utilities’
- Click on asTTle and NZCER Utilities
- Click on ‘Export NZCER data’
- Choose the ‘Term’
- Select where you would like to save your ‘csv’ file
- Decide on your selection of students ‘optional – your current filter will apply’
- Click ‘Proceed’.
Note: If you receive a message advising some students will not be included, this is because the student does not have an NSN. You may at this point choose to continue (adding the missing students in manually) or return later to your MUSAC program to download the latest NSN identifier’s for the required students. The ‘omitted.csv’ file will be useful for identifying which students require updating.
MUSAC hosted by Edtech
If your school has MUSAC hosted by Edtech you should refer to your manual – MUSAC Classic – which is available in the Cloud Site Manual. You should have a link directly to the manual but if not please email email@example.com for this.
The sections you should refer to are:
Section 3.2 Exporting data from Student Manager to NZCER
Section 4.1 Downloading Exported files
The following link gives clear visual instructions on how to create a file from Assembly that can be used in the NZCER Marking Service.
See attached file
The following link will take you to a web-clip that will show you how to create this file:
At this time it is not possible for you to upload your SchoolMaster file yourself, but the process below allows you to create a file that can be emailed to NZCER to be uploaded on your behalf.
- Click on the student records tab
- Click on the writer icon
- Click on new report
- Type in NZCER export in the title and then tab
- Type in NZCER in group and tab
- Click on the add fields to report button
- Double click on
- Click OK
- Click on Save changes to report
- Click on NZCER then NZCER Export and Run report
- Click on Select icon and select appropriate year levels (eg; click on choice 1 box for Year_ and highlight 3, 4, 5 and 6 etc and click ok)
- Click on Save to File
- Save the file onto your desktop or somewhere handy – with an easy to recognize name
- Open a blank Excel document
- Go to File and OpenChange the File type to all fields, choose the exported file and open
- Go through the text import wizard (Next, next and finish).
You will then need to insert a row at the top and type in the headers so it has the same columns as below, as well as inserting columns for Schoolname etc. Use the autofill to fill these in.
The Fields required are:
NSN (National Student Number), SMS (Enrolment Number), surname, first name, full name, School_name, School ID, Roomname (Room), year, term, gender, Ethnicity (Ethnic Group).
Click on File > Save as to a .csv type file.
For any issues, please contact the SchoolMaster Helpdesk on (03) 230-4096.
Once you have prepared your .csv file, please see Step 2 for instructions on uploading it to NZCER Marking.